The BPPA Young Researcher of the Year Award
It is with great pleasure that The British Pakistani Psychiatrists Association (BPPA) announces to establish 'The BPPA Young Researcher of the Year Award'. The aim of this Award is to promote an interest in research amongst young Pakistani psychiatrists and to honour and recognize their research work that has been published in any peer reviewed scientific journal. The award is not restricted to any sub-speciality and work carried out in any psychiatric field will be considered for the award.
The award will be offered in two categories
1. Psychiatric Research by young Pakistani Psychiatrists carried out in Pakistan. The winner and a runner up in this category will be entitled to cash rewards of Pak Rs. 25000 and Pak Rs. 15000 respectively.
2. Psychiatric Research by young Pakistani Psychiatrists carried out in Europe. The winner and a runner up in this category will be entitled to cash rewards of £250 and £150 respectively.
Rules and Regulations
a. The nominees must be under the age of 35
b. The must be the sole or principal (Corresponding) author of the research paper.
c. Their paper must have been published in a peer reviewed journal during twelve calendar months preceding the closing date. For the 2007 Award the eligibility period has been extended to 24 calendar months preceding the closing date.
d. The nominees must submit three sets of the following documents
* A completed nomination form, relevant sections must be completed by the co-authors and the Head of the Department.
* A copy of up to date curriculum vitae
* A copy of National Identity Card or Passport of the nominees to verify their age
* A complete copy of their paper clearly identifying the title, authors, name of the journal, year of publication, volume and page numbers (Abstracts alone will not be accepted)
Nomination forms may be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All nominations must reach by post to Dr. M. Sohail Qureshi, Secretary BPPA by 31 August 2007
The results will be announced by 31 October 2007 and the awards will be presented at the Annual Conference of BPPA in November 2007.
For further details contact:
Dr. S. H. Jawed, Chairman BPPA email: email@example.com
The 1st Emirates Hellenic Medical Conference will be held in Dubai, UAD from 8th to 10th December 2008. Detail information can be accessed from the conference website:
In JPMA Volume 57, No. 5 May issue, page No. 261 and 262, under Case Series viz: "Options in the treatment of totally intrathoracic stomach with volvolus" authored by Ali I. Malik, M.N. Siddiqui and O.O. Oke, the photographs in the figures have been erroneously interchanged. The photograph of Figure 1 belongs to Figure 2 and vice versa. The captions remain the same.