Medical profession is facing lot of challenges in the new world of science where change is necessary for the betterment of the society. It incorporates a challenge with change & involves patient as a consumer, society in general and practicing doctor in particular. Therefore these challenges have occurred as a result of change in which the patient\'s expectation have increased, who is no longer wish to be a recipient of medical opinion, in view of awareness of internet, literature, media and readily availability of journals. Health care delivery have been modified, practicing doctors have to adapt to a new system in accordance with the new concept of medical science. Literature, internet and journals have brought a revolution in the mind of people in general and medical doctors in particular.
Journal Of Pakistan Medical Association plays an important role in the society of medical profession and health care delivery. The life time devotion of Dr Fatima Jawed as chief editor is commendable.
As a reviewer of Journal Of Pakistan Medical Association (JPMA), it gives me a great pleasure and honor to write few words on the 60th Anniversary of Journal of Pakistan Medical Association JPMA.
Writing and submitting an article in the pool of articles is taken as integral part of over all research engine optimizing and online branding strategy .By becoming a reviewer one is not only gaining visibility and prestige; it also provides a satisfaction that an essential service have been provided to the computing community. Reviewers are indeed an elite corps of qualified commentators providing expert critiques of published work in the computing. As a reviewer the candidates/medical writers will be evaluated and approved, based on many criteria, including educational background and professional experience. Reviewers are considered real authors.
To highlight common points in accepting an article:
1. Study should examine the important scientific issues.
2. Study should be original with no plagiarism in write up.
3. Study should focus and touch the author\'s hypothesis.
4. Different types of study could have been done to depict originality.
5. Sample size should not be too small or too large. The rationale should be fully explained.
6. Images depicted, should be of good quality.
7. Study should be controlled. No inadequate study will be accepted
8. Correct and appropriate statistical analysis.
9. The author should draw justified conclusion from the data collected.
10. The financial conflicts of interest which benefit the author should be refrained from the publication.
11. The paper should be comprehensible and written in clear language.(Font size 11 or 12, Arial or Times New Romans)
12. The manuscript should be within the scope of journal.
13. Content of the article should be followed.
14. Sequence, such as introduction, abstract, method, key words, result, discussion and reference are important aspects to be followed. 60th Anniversary of Pakistan Medical association (JPMA) Kalimullah Thahim
15. Study should represent large part of the target population to which the results are being generalized.
16. The inclusion/ exclusion criteria should be appropriately described.
17. To accept or reject the article remains in the domain of reviewer.
18. References or literature review should be either APA style or Vancouver pattern from recent work of authors.
19. Date, designation and institution of author(s) should be clearly mentioned.
This journal is a member of and subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics.